Dartmouth General Hospital
325 Pleasant St, Dartmouth
Healthcare Facility, Renovations
As part of the QEII New Generation project, the Dartmouth General Hospital underwent a major expansion and renovation. The project, which began in the fall of 2016, increased surgical, diagnostic imaging, ambulatory, and inpatient capacity at the hospital, and improved functionality and flexibility for a better patient experience and work environment.
- Four new operating rooms, doubling the number of operating rooms and increasing the number of surgeries performed.
- New clinical space with more exam and procedure rooms.
- Larger waiting and reception areas and office space.
- New space with state-of-the-art equipment for cleaning and sterilizing medical instruments.
- New intensive care unit.
- New pharmacy.
- Six more dialysis chairs.
- Expanded and more accessible parking lot.
- New main entrance.
- The expansion and renovation projects at the Dartmouth General Hospital were completed in February 2022.)
- Performing about 3,500 more surgeries in Dartmouth each year.
- Improved access to care.
- Reduced wait times.
- Improved patient privacy and accessibility.
- Providing doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals with a modern place to work with advanced equipment and technology.
- Providing a modern, state-of-the-art facility to help recruit and retain healthcare professionals.
- The project will focus on a healthy indoor environment, reduced greenhouse gas emissions, and efficient use of energy, water, and other resources.