618 Francklyn Street, Halifax
Healthcare Facility, Hospice
Halifax Hospice provides end-of-life care for Nova Scotian patients living with terminal illnesses. The construction of a new facility made it possible to move five hospital beds from the Victoria General site, creating a total of ten beds at the hospice residence.
- Family kitchen, dining room, and living room spaces.
- Children’s playroom.
- Outdoor terraces and garden.
- Overnight accommodations for families.
- House kitchen for patient meals.
- Quiet areas.
- Centre for training and education.
- Construction of Hospice Halifax was completed in April 2019.
- Comfortable, personalized place for patients and their families to receive dignified end-of-life care.
- Patients receive professional nursing care with physician support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Patients and families can access on-site programs, bereavement counselling, and social work consultation.
- Provides services to about 150 patients a year, reaching up to 1,800 extended family members, loved ones, friends, and colleagues.
- Services are free-of-charge for patients and families.
- About 50 full-time, part-time, and casual staff members provide clinical care and administrative services.
- About 100 volunteers will provide support.