Welcome Back Students!
Here are just a few suggestions for some fun activities on the waterfronts this year:
- Free yoga by MEC Halifax. Monday evenings (weather permitting) until September 25. Near Bishop’s Landing on the Halifax waterfront.
- The Maritime Museum of the Atlantic hosts a series of free Tuesday Night Talks throughout the Fall/Winter. Admission is also free on Tuesday nights.
- Wednesday evenings are free at the Discovery Centre between 5 – 8pm.
- Sea Dome – Come immerse yourself in a full 360° cinematic experience. A Whale Story, and Bluenose The Legend playing now until the end of October.
- The Farmer’s Markets – The very best locally produced goods are available every weekend at the Halifax Seaport, the Historic Farmers’ Market and Alderney Landing locations.
- Check out the seasonal and year-round tastes and shops. Or take a spin around with I Heart Bikes, Kayak Halifax, Segway Nova Scotia or a boat tour with Murphy’s The Cable Wharf.
- Grab a ride on Hali the Road Train! Plus you can see where he’s at via the live map.
- Take in some great fall events including Oyster Festival, Hopscotch Halifax Urban Arts Festival, I Love Local HFX City Harvest, Nocturne Art at Night, and Bluenose Ghosts Festival.
- Hammocks! Come enjoy some downtime and enjoy doing absolutely nothing seaside in a Halifax waterfront hammock.
- Free Welcome to Downtown BBQ Friday, September 8 from noon to 1 p.m. in Grand Parade.