Pictou Wharf, N.S.
Pictou, Nova Scotia
About the Project
In 2013, Build Nova Scotia undertook the restoration and renovation of the provincially owned wharf in the town of Pictou. Build Nova Scotia awarded the Request for Proposal to Higgins Construction. The work on the site included;
- Restoration of 600V/400A electrical service with wharf front services.
- Two navigation light standards.
- In ground cabling and conduit.
- Electrical service and utilities building.
- New 2′ stainless steel air supply lines from utility building to wharf front at both ends.
- Restoration of municipal water supply from street through site to two flush mounted box hydrants at either end of wharf front. This was completed with all new materials.
- Installed four 30 foot light standards with multidirectional 750 watt flood lamps.